U.S. Mission – American Embassy Madrid, Spain
OPEN TO: All Interested Candidates (as defined below)
OPENING DATE: November 29, 2016
CLOSING DATE: December 13, 2016
WORK HOURS : Full-time (40 hours/week)
SALARY: Ordinarily Resident (OR): FSN-5: 26,344€ p.a.
Not-Ordinarily Resident (NOR): FP-9*: $32,931p.a.
*Final grade/step for NORs will be determined by Washington
Please note that this position is contingent on the availability of funds
EMPLOYMENT LENGTH: This position is temporary and will not exceed six months from hire date
ALL ORDINARILY RESIDENT (OR) APPLICANTS (See Appendix for definition) MUST HAVE THE REQUIRED WORK AND/OR RESIDENCY PERMITS TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR CONSIDERATION.
The U.S. Mission in Madrid is seeking eligible and qualified applicants for the temporary (about six months) position of PLUMBER in the Facility Maintenance Section.
BASIC FUNCTION OF POSITION
Provides maintenance services to the building and equipment by performing a combination of journeyman level work as plumber and heating and semi-skilled task in a variety of additional trades.
Applicants must address each required qualification listed below with specific information supporting each item. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not qualified.
- Education: Completion of secondary school and/or vocational training program or apprenticeship recognized as fully qualified journeyman plumber
- Experience: One year journeyman mechanic experience as plumber and heating technician
- Language Proficiency: Level 1 (rudimentary knowledge) of English speaking/reading/writing. Level 3 of Spanish speaking/reading/writing (This will be tested).
- Skills and abilities: Must be skilled in the use of all tools of the trade as well as possess a good working knowledge of other trades.
- Job Knowledge: Full journeyman mechanic’s experience and knowledge in plumbing and heating.
- Must have a valid local driving license for the past 5 years.
mas informacion aqui